Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jonah Goldberg, February 8, 2005:
"I predict that Iraq won't have a civil war, that it will have
a viable constitution, and that a majority of Iraqis and
Americans will, in two years time, agree that the war was
worth it. I'll bet $1,000 (which I can hardly spare right now)."
Jonah Goldberg, February 8, 2007:
"I offered the bet in a foolish fit of pique with Juan Cole.
.... I've admitted that Cole would have won. I've written
that the Iraq War was a mistake. .... I join a long list of
people whose expectations about the war and its
handling turned out to be wrong in whole or in part. ....
For the record, I still support staying there, because
even if it was a mistake to go in when and how we
did, that doesn't mean a precipitous withdrawal
will make things better."

No comments: