Thursday, April 21, 2011

Time magazine has just published its annual list
of the 100 most influential people in the world,
and, luckily, you're not on it.  Think about it:
  you could have ended up on the same list with
Saif al-Islam Gadhafi, Kim Jong Un,
Michele Bachmann, Amy Chua, Paul
Ryan, Chris Christie, Anwar al-Awlaki,
Joe Scarborough, Muqtada al-Sadr,
Charles Koch, David Koch, Jamie Dimon,
Michelle Rhee, John Boehner, Benjamin
Netanyahu, and Justin Bieber.  Yes, had
you been on it, you would have had to
spend the rest of your life trying to
explain to your erstwhile friends why
guilt by association is a variation
of the Ad Hominem Fallacy.

4 comments:

montag said...

You are on my blog roll, who cares about Time. :-)

Fearguth said...

To be on my bloglist, Montag, is an honor coveted by the many, but bestowed on the few. Incidentally, I own Whitney R. Cross's The Burned-Over District. I read it while I was a theology student back in the 1960s.

R W Rawles said...

Whew! Close Call! But I'll still be keeping my head down for another year!

Fearguth said...

Modern-day fame is something devoutly to be avoided.